The 18V LXT® Sub-Compact Brushless Impact Driver (XDT18ZB) is a fastening solution with significantly less weight. The 18V Sub-Compact Impact Driver offers the size and weight of lower voltage tools, but with the performance, power, and compatibility of 18-Volt. It has an efficient brushless motor with two speed settings and dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area. The innovative Assist Mode (A-mode) helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins and is ideal for driving longer fasteners. It delivers 1,240 in.lbs. of Max Torque. At only 5-1/4 in. and 2.6 lbs. (with 2.0Ah battery sold separately), it is a fastening solution with superior comfort and handling.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 5-1/4"
- Weighs only 2.6 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Ideal for working in tight spaces
- Variable speed (0-1,300/0-3,000 RPM & 0-2,000/0-4,100 IPM) for a wide range of fastening applications
- Assist Mode (A-mode) feature helps eliminate "screw cam-out" and "cross threading" by driving at low speed until tightening begins
- Makita-built Brushless Motor delivers 1,240 in.lbs. of Max Torque in an ultra compact design
- Ball bearing design is engineered to minimize bit wobble when fastening
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
- Efficient brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
- Hex Shank : 1/4"
- Power Type : Cordless
- Speed power selection : 2
- No Load Speed (var. 2 spd) : 0 - 1,300 / 0 - 3,000 RPM
- Impacts Per Minute (var. 2 spd.) : 0 - 2,000 / 0 - 4,100 IPM
- Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m) : 1,240 in.lbs./140N•m
- Overall Length : 5-1/4"
- Net Weight (with battery) : 2.6 lbs.
- Shipping Weight : 2.32 lbs.
- UPC Code : 088381-733052